My Dream Vacation to Australia
Megan Orser, 250523909
Monday March 18th, 2013
Geo 2144F: Geography of Tourism
Dr. Smith


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 10: Tuesday December 31st - Don't Miss...

My theory is that if I am literally flying around the world [to go see Annie...], I am not going to just stick with Sydney, even though I'm sure you very well could! Hence, our next set of plane tickets! 

Qantus Airways, 1706
Brisbane --> Gladstone 
BNE 10:55am --> GLT 12:00pm
Direct 1h 5m
$213 for 2 people 
It will take us about 90 minutes to drive from the airport in Gladstone to our hotel, the Beach Shack!  I instantly fell in love with the look of this place, especially the "beachfront accommodations".  It sounds like the perfect place to end our trip.  We will be staying in the "Tree House" for 2.  I love this location because it is within walking distance of pretty much everything I want to do while we are in Queensland and once again it has a kitchen so Wes and I can prepare our own meals.  At $188 per night, it will cost us just over $600 for the three nights we will be there.  I have debated pulling this part of the trip out to allow us more time to relax, but the more I look at the hotel and the attractions, the more I feel the need to go and just deal with the extra flights!

I like the idea of wandering around the first day arriving somewhere, so we will probably just settle in and get to know our surroundings!

December 31st is also New Years Eve.  We may plan to go out for the night or simply stay in and celebrate the New Year together in Australia! 



No comments:

Post a Comment