My Dream Vacation to Australia
Megan Orser, 250523909
Monday March 18th, 2013
Geo 2144F: Geography of Tourism
Dr. Smith


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 1 in Australia: Sunday December 22nd

Arrive in Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport at 9:30am

Annie is planning to meet myself and Wes at the airport.  She is currently renting an apartment in Surry Hill, a subdivision type of location that is approximately a 15 minute drive from the airport!
Elliot, Annie's boyfriend in their new apartment!  *Annie's photo, used with permission*
I am willing to predict a fair amount of jet-lag and confusion during our first full day in Sydney.  We will probably take it easy, possibly going to a walk to get to know the area.  Surry Hills is apparently known for being a "hippy" neighborhood with several sights to see.  If we are feeling ambitious we could possibly top in to see the Australian Museum, where Wes would enjoy the scientific displays and I would be able to check out the mineral display!  Personally, I can see myself needing a nap and the most I will accomplish on day one is maybe wondering around Surry Hills just to get some warm, fresh air! 

The mineral display at the Australian Museum.
   

It is so comforting to know that Annie will be there to meet us at the airport and that we are welcome to stay at their place for the first couple of nights!    

No comments:

Post a Comment