My Dream Vacation to Australia
Megan Orser, 250523909
Monday March 18th, 2013
Geo 2144F: Geography of Tourism
Dr. Smith


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 3: Tuesday December 24th - Christmas Eve in Aus

By day three if I haven't really done anything active, I am seriously going to need to get a good workout in!  I would like to experience Sydney from as many angles and activities as possible. Therefore, kayaking in Sydney Harbour sounds ideal.  Natural Wanders offers kayaking tour earlier in the morning around the Harbour bridge, Lavender Bay, Balmain and Birchgrove.  More specifically, the "billy blue paddle tour" is available at anytime given at least a weeks notice.  The tour typically lasts two hours and is approximately 5.5km in length.  The Billy Blue tour is meant for beginners and even though I have kayaked before, I think it will be nice to take a step back and really enjoy the scenery.   At only $65/person, I think it will be an excellent experience to get up and out first thing in the morning (yes, I am defiantly a morning person). 

I want to be able to get outside as much as possible while in Australia.  There are three things I will be focusing on during this trip: 1) seeing and experiencing Australia 2) fitness & staying active while away from home 3) getting a tan - I want to enjoy the sunshine! 

With that being said, I see another beach day happening after our kayaking experience.  In all of the research I have done on Australia, everyone seems to be talking about Bondi Beach.  So, I obviously need to go to and see for myself how wonderful this beach is.  There are sevreal bus and train options to get from Sydney Harbour to Bondi beach.  If we take the 380 or 333 bus from Circular Quay to get to North Bondi, we will have to walk for 5 minutes or so from the bus stop to get to the beach.  I plan to begin my Bondi experience with the 5.5km Bondi to Coogee Clifftop Walk.  The walk will take approximately two hours.  As I have mentioned, I enjoy being active and seeing what Australia has to offer.  Therefore, the walk to Coogee Clifftop sound like the perfect opportunity for me to experience Bondi.  Once we return from the walk, I plan to enjoy everything Bondi Beach has to offer by laying out in the sun.  Wes will probably want to give surfing another go, but I'll let him figure it out on his own this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment