My Dream Vacation to Australia
Megan Orser, 250523909
Monday March 18th, 2013
Geo 2144F: Geography of Tourism
Dr. Smith


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 9: Monday December 30th - Back to the Surf

On day 9 I would like to take our trip back to the main focus of us going to Australia; the BEACH!  Day 9 will be our last day in Brisbane before heading farther North to Queensland.  The logical solution is to visit Byron Bay!  Byron Bay is described as the ultimate surf town with hippie hinterland, to me this sounds like a fantastic way to spend our day before hoping on another plane.  After a day of doing nothing on day 8, Wes will be wanting to give surfing another shot and I will be craving some physical activity.  "The Pass" is a well known beach for beginners to learn how to surf.  Through a surfing school, Style Surfing we will take a 3.5 hour beginner group lesson.  Even though this may very well be Wes' third attempt to surf, I'm still counting ourselves as beginners!  I think the Style Surfing because they guarantee you get up within the 3.5 hours or you get a full refund...they may end up taking away this policy after they are not able to get me to stand on that thing!  The beginner course will cost us $60/person.  The rest of the day is meant to relax on one of the many beaches to choose from!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment